Baesman Group has an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a career with a first class printing and marketing company. We work with the top national retailers, universities, hospitality and Fortune 500 companies. We continue to break records from previous years and are still growing. We are currently looking for a Project Planner / Estimator with experience working for a printing company. This individual will be responsible for preparing estimates for all potential jobs, planning production requirements for all jobs and effectively communicating requirements and plans for all jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with managers, supervisors, manufacturing personnel, and account managers to develop, review and/or confirm information regarding various manufacturing plans including new manufacturing methods.
• Estimate and Plan jobs in the most efficient and economical fashion from a manufacturing cost perspective.
• Deal effectively with internal and external customer requests in a responsive and timely manner.
• Coordinate the manufacturing of jobs with outside service vendors after negotiating pricing and scheduling of materials. When needed, call, or visit the outside vendors to discuss the manufacturing plan and/or review the manufacturing of jobs.
• Evaluate pricing from outside vendors to insure they are competitive with respect to the market price of service provided; especially when sending out work we can perform.
• Partner with Purchasing to continually evaluate the performance of our outside vendors.
• Anticipate and assist the manufacturing group solving production related problems.
• Other duties may be assigned.
College degree or combination of equivalent related experience and education. Must have a minimum of 3 years experience with printing company.
Able to read, analyze, and interpret job related specifications and Request for Proposal verbiage. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers. Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, analysis of variance, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate PC skills to include knowledge of Windows, Excel, and simple data entry skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must understand imposition and layouts.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits package including: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; short & long term disability; 401(k) with a generous company match; life insurance, profit sharing, paid time off, (8) paid holidays and much more! Baesman has been in business for over 65 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in the Americas Award winner. EOE