Under the direction of the CEO, the Vice President, Operations provides leadership and direction to all production departments including, client services, estimating and planning, prepress, press, bindery, mailing, fulfillment, shipping and digital printing. The VP, Operations actively participates as a member of the Senior Team in the development of corporate strategic goals and objectives, in accordance with Company direction and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides management to department managers, production and customer service personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding job types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs operations and establishes production and manufacturing priorities for products in keeping with effective/efficient process and cost factors.
- Provides direction of purchasing/procurement in coordination with production activities, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Researches and recommends new equipment and processes to CEO to improve quality and efficiency.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with Management/Production personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Compiles statistics, stores and retrieves production data and measures performance on a monthly basis.
- Promotes continuous improvement throughout the company.
- Works closely with Human Resources to recruit, train and develop staff with company objectives in mind.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Ensure company complies with environmental regulations as required by City, State and Federal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of print operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a generous company match, profit sharing, paid time off and much more!
Baesman has been in business for over 60 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner.